Margaret Carpenter Arnett was born and educated in England and has lived most of her adult life in the western United States. Artist, therapist, teacher, writer, mother and grandmother, she is an accomplished and talented painter who demonstrates command of technique and narrative. Primarily a water-colorist, Margaret also works with pastel, mixed media and collage.
Her award-winning paintings are hanging in collections in England and throughout the United States. She has participated in juried and invitational shows in the northwest and had many successful one-woman shows. In 1984 she published her first book, Seasons of Change, a thoughtful blend of words and watercolors. She is currently represented by galleries in Seattle, and Eastern Washington.
Her second book “the Art of the Inner Journey” addresses art and inner healing through connection with the unconscious mind. Margaret facilitates groups based on art as healing and has worked as an art therapist in medical settings and in the community at large for the past thirty years.
- Kirsten Gallery, Seattle, WA
- A.R.T. Fine Arts, Bellevue, WA
- Gallery One, Ellensburg, WA
- Ryrie’s, Tahoe City, CA
- Gallery Mack, Seattle, WA
- Oak Hollow, Yakima, WA
Juried Shows & Awards
- Artists of Central Washington
- City of Yakima – Purchase Award
- Central Washington State Fair – Seven Watercolor Awards including Best of Show 1981
- Bellevue Arts & Crafts Show
- Skagit Artists Together. WA
- Northwest Pastel Society
- Arts Alive, La Conner
- Seasons of Change, Coleman Publishing, New York (1984) – art/poetry
- Marky Daniel, Discovery Passage – illustrations
- Shields Bag & Printing, Yakima, WA (1988) – calendar
- Yakima Symphony Orchestra, Yakima, WA (1989) – poster
- White Pass Ski Area (1993) – poster
- The Art of the Inner Journey, (2011)
- Understanding Children’s Drawings in Medical Settings, Art therapy and HealthCare, Cathy Malchiodi, editor (2013)